I detest the start of January. The why is simple really. Everyone believes the start of the year is a clean slate. Whilst technically it is, it eludes the impression that this is the only time of the year you can start a fresh. According to Forbes only 8% of the population actually achieve their new years resolutions.
Why am I confident that our’s wont fail? Simple, ours aren’t New Years Resolutions. They aren’t a flash in the pan moment nor a distant wish like to win the lottery. We are setting up GOALS! Clearly defined, well thought out and life changing goals.
Of course last year I had some goals on this blog that I didn’t really stick too. I must admit I lost motivation after my big blog break. I feel like I changed considerably during the course of last year so they no longer suit the purpose they were intended for.
Mr Fire and I have some really big plans for this year and we have been talking about our goals for quite a while.
- Health related goal – To complete two sprint Triathlons and a Duathalon. Specifically complete the first Triathlon to be completed in under 1 hour and 40 mins. The second in under 1 hour and 30 mins. In order to achieve these goals, he will need to concentrate on training, nutrition and specialized sports supplements.
- Education related goals – complete a PRINCE2 course in order to open up the potential earnings of contracting.
- Lifestyle related goals – To be working four days a week at the most with regards to the day job.
- Health related goal – to increase my stamina and strength along with improving my overall well being. Specifically to be able to dead lift 50 pounds and to start running. Also to move towards eating a more Mediterranean based diet.
- Financial Related goal – to earn £1,000 from reselling.
- Educational related goal – Learn about social media marketing.
- Lifestyle related goal – To de-clutter the entire house including garage, under stairs and garden.
- Financial related goal – Pay £10,000 off the mortgage
- Lifestyle related goal – To either buy or have the money to buy a Motorhome.
- Financial related goal -To create two income streams outside the day job not including each way sniping or matched betting. Specially we would like to earn an extra £2,000 per month by the end of December 2019.
What are your goals for this year? I’d love to hear them.